increasing social connectivity

This article looks at the issue of how social networks should be more integrated in the search area. It fits in well with my idea of weaving people into the web. Currently, different search engines will bring up different results depending on what social networks they have access to. I noted on Jeff Jarvis’s Goggle + site:
  • I agree, the user should be able to obtain fully integrated search results from all three (and more) social networks; For any search engine to "say" I will only provide you with a narrow range of what's available based on my terms seems to go against the idea of search finding all available material on the web, based on the search topic, and the user deciding what they want to access. Once there is integration the providers can decide on their business model - re how they are going to make money out of it (not the other way around).