Focus on change as a psychological mechanism

Interesting blog on the place of change in the lives of people. It makes sense in terms of my ideas around the importance of responding to change as an inbuilt mechanism that leads people to becoming aware of “themselves”. I explored this idea in an essay while I was at university many years ago – and while there are many new data around the idea of what is a self, and how we become aware of this, it is interesting that my original idea still has some credibility. In my essay I wrote “self awareness would be the brains ability to recognise the changing states of its activities”. I am still not entirely sure how the brain might “use” change to promote a sense of “self” – but the importance of change in this process is certainly still a factor in this equation.